Get Connected. Get Answers. The Idaho CareLine.

Child Care Resources

Idaho Child Care Program (ICCP)
The Idaho Child Care Program (ICCP) provides child care assistance to low-income, working families by paying for a portion of child care. This program is for parents who work, attend school, or participate in approved activities to help prevent children from being placed in foster care. The program pays for part of the child care costs for eligible households, and parents also pay for a portion (called a co-pay). The parent’s share is based on the size of the family and the amount of their income. The Department also licenses child care providers and is working with community partners on a professional development system to improve child care services in Idaho

Idaho Daycare Licensing Program
Idaho law sets the basic framework for daycare licensing, which is administered by the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare in conjunction with local fire departments and health districts. Local city and county governments can establish and enforce their own daycare licensing regulations, as long as the licensing requirements are equal to, or more stringent, than state license provisions. 

Daycare Complaints
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare takes complaints about daycare providers very seriously. We want to make sure we act quickly and fairly when conducting our complaint investigations. We partner closely with local health districts, Child Welfare, IdahoSTARS and law enforcement to make sure we provide the supports needed to address issues and improve the quality of care in our state.

IdahoSTARS is the leading expert and referral source for child care in Idaho.

  • Parents: IdahoSTARS helps parents to locate child care that is affordable, available, and uses quality practices. 
  • Providers: IdahoSTARS ensures child care providers access current standards to offer the best care possible. 
  • Announcements: Information for Providers regarding upcoming improvements to the IdahoSTARS progam. Also available en Español.

Find Resources



OR CALL 2-1-1