The Idaho WIC Program 6/2010
What is the Idaho WIC program?
WIC is a supplemental nutrition program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC). WIC can help you to save money, eat well, learn about nutrition, and stay healthy. At no cost to eligible families, WIC provides:
- Healthy food
- Health screenings
- Health and nutrition information
- Help from nutrition experts
- Breastfeeding information and support
What are the Idaho WIC qualifications?
An individual must be one of the following:
- Meet the income guidelines that are 185% of the federal poverty line
- .A pregnant woman
- A woman breastfeeding a baby up to 1 year of age
- A woman who has given birth in the past 6 months
- An infant or a child up to the age of 5
- One pregnant woman counts as two household members.
- You must live in Idaho.
How can I contact the Idaho WIC program?
By phone, you can call the 2-1-1 Idaho CareLine by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-926-2588 to get the contact information of your local WIC office.
You can search for your local WIC office contact information in the 2-1-1 Idaho CareLine online database.